Re: Messages in log with SNAT target

Sietse van Zanen wrote:
> If it's your home network and you've encrypted your WiFi connection, it would be minor personal risks.

Yep.

> I would never do this in a major company however.

Neither would I. On a major company of course the whole internal network
would be behind an appropriate router with no public IPs inside the network.

> But if it's anyhow possible for you, I would still advise you to split it up, it'll make things more comprehensible and easier to manage.

Well, splitting the network to two physical networks in my case would be
pretty difficult, as one might sometimes want to momentarily have a
public IP on a system that normally has a private IP (it's hard
especially if that system is a laptop on WLAN).

Anyway, thanks for your replies.

--
Anssi Hannula