Re: cant connect to kernel.org behind firewall

On Fri, July 7, 2006 22:47, Dwayne Hottinger wrote:
> Sirs,
> I read the FAQ on kernel.org and they have the following:
> Please note that kernel.org uses Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN), as
> defined in RFC 3168. Some broken firewalls or gateways may have problem
> connecting to ECN-enabled servers. Please contact your firewall or gateway
> vendor for necessary updates.
>
> How can I get around this (short of replacing my firewall), if this is the
> issue of why I cant connect to kernel.org?  Also how can I check if this is my
>  problem?

On your end you can disable ECN by:
cat 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

I don't think you can make kernel.org disable it...
(If ECN is the problem and if the suffering firewalls/gateways are in your
control, the real solution would be to fix the firewalls/gateways.)

Gr,
Rob