Re: Status open , filtered

Hello,

Fabio S. Silva a écrit :
Hi all, i have a question, i make a firewall but when i make a scan
using nmap it returns to me that the ports are in state filtered no
close

What type of scan ? Which iptables target do you use to filter connection attempts on ports you want to close ? DROP or REJECT (if so, what type of reject) ?

My results with nmap 2.54 various TCP scans :
(better displayed with a fixed-sized font)

Target / TCP scan type  -T(connect) -S(syn)  -F(fin) -X(Xmas) -N(null)
DROP                     filtered  filtered   open     open     open
REJECT icmp-port-unreach  closed   filtered filtered filtered filtered
REJECT tcp-reset          closed    closed   closed   closed   closed