FTP and Masquerading

I am  new to linux and need some guidance.
PROBLEM:
FTP is not working. My internal users can not connect external ftp and
vice versa.

SCENARIO:
1. I am using SQUID for proxy services.
2. OS is FedoraCore 5
3. Using transparent proxy
4. Masquerading my out bound traffic.
5. All packages including kernel are same as they come with the
standard distro of FC-5
6. Install time Firewall is disabled, so i have only a couple of rules
in my ip tables.

I dont know how to recompile kernel or insert modules, So please do me
a favour and give me a step by step how to of it.

I'll be very gratefull to u. 'cuz i am stuck.
Thanx a lot