Egress port/packet filtering for Hotels/Hotspots

OK.. I am new to the list so "yo whats hanging trip daddys".

I operate a few hotspots and am having some wonderful issues with some
very hostile customers staying at a hotel we provide wireless Internet
access for.  It is free and we have public IP's for all wireless clients
staying at the hotel, which I am starting to think was a stupid idea,
however older VPN implementations almost required it in order to keep
support requests to a minimal.

I am hoping to block all but pop/imap/smtp(filtered via
clamsmtp)/http(transparent squid)/VPN's and drop everything else.  I
found a few helpful links inlcuding this one:

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netsysm/article.php/2168251

At this point I just need a little advice on the do's and dont's of this
kind of situation.

Should I block all traffic ingress forwarded traffic if I don't want
folks hosting web servers during their long stay at the hotel, not to
mention p2p traffic.

Should I block all high ports 1024:65535 unless they are somehow related
to traffic, which I am unsure of how that works.

I am also using ipp2p which is working very well for p2p traffic,
however that doesn't stop a lot of worm/trojan/virus floodage from going
egress.

Shane Spencer