Re: Perfomance problem on MIPS

Zitat von art <art@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello all,

I have some problem with using iptables:
I work with Infineon ADM5120 SOC. It has MIPS32 4KC processor(200MHz),
embedded ADM5120 switch (with 4 100Mbit interfaces).
I get embedded Linux OS work on it.
I test network bandwidth without iptables enabled in kernel - result
80Mbit/s.
When I enable Connection tracking (I need NAT) & iptables and test
WITOUT ANY RULES - bandwidth was near 35-40Mbi/s.
Then I make several tests and find that most bandwidth reduction
occurs when enabling Connection tracking.

It's wery upset fact. What can be done with this? Can I get version
where NAT not depend on Connection tracking?

For performance see

http://people.netfilter.org/kadlec/nftest.pdf

For NAT without conntrack use NOTRACK or disable connection tracking at all.

Regards

Andreas