(Fwd) RE: (Fwd) transparent proxying using Dansguardian

hi,
thanks for responding..
I tried the command suggested by you on the linux box.

I get this error...

iptables 1.2.7a: can't use -i with postrouting
try help for more information

does it mean I need to upgrade the iptables or anything else...

Jawed Ahmed

On 23 May 2006 at 14:51, Sietse van Zanen wrote:

> You need to add a masquerading rule for the port 443 traffic. Masqueing behind the
IP of your linux machine.
> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 443 -j SNAT --to ip.of.linux.box
> and ofcourse allow this traffic.
>
> Other method is allowing the IP addresses of your clients in the ISA (RRAS) servers
to access port 443 on the Internet.

Visit us at www.adaniwilmar.com