RE: [ANNOUNCE] ipset-2.2.9 released

- 'limit' module parameter added to the kernel modules of the
  iphash, ipporthash, nethash and iptree type of sets so that
  the maximal number of elements can now be limited

By amazing coincidence, I was just looking into adding a "--limit" argument to ipset iphash, nethash, ipporthash, and iptree sets when I saw this announcement.

I have now applied the change I was working on on top of 2.2.9 and the results of my testing have been positive. With my change, the user can specify what they want the limit to be per set at set creation time, with the maximum being whatever the "limit" argument of the module is defined to be. Also, an ipset -L will now list the effective limit and the current count.

I would be very glad if my changes (or corrected/improved version thereof) were folded into the next ipset release. Where should I post my changes (e.g. this list? the developers' list or...) and in what format (all of the affected source files as attachments or in a tar file or as patch files or...)?

Thanks,

- Andrew Kraslavsky