RE: Login load balancing

Hi Drew,

I believe the above is what you'll want to implement.  As your research has
probably already shown, the load balancers in the market are for HTTP.  A
good load balancer will need to communicate with the backend clients so it
has data on load and other metrics necessary for it to make a decision on
which server to serve.

You could use wget to fetch metrics from all the servers (include a
timestamp so you know when your data is stale) and have the director
consider this information when it punches down new IPTABLEs rules.

Cheers,
-pablo