problems with accouting via ULOG

Hello,

I want to setup traffic accounting with ulog-acctd and the ULOG target.
The server I'm using has 2 interfaces, eth1 is connected to the mirror
port of the master switch. I put eth1 promisc up without an address, and
packets are streaming in all right.

But they don't arrive at any netfilter hook (except for multicasts and
broadcasts), so I can't queue them to the accounting daemon. Searching
the docs, I found that "promisc receives" don't enter the netfilter
system at all.

I could now bind the nets I want to account to eth1, but then my box
wouldn't be able to talk to those hosts, and that'd be a bad thing(tm)
especially because it's the name server :-P

Any advice, anyone? I'm feeling quite screwed up right now.

Thanks in advance,
Torsten