need maintainer to dfd_tbk (Dynamic Firewall Daemon - The Black Knight)

Hi folks,

DFD is the moniker I made up to describe a program that manages your
firewall rules, allowing changes to be made in them with more ease and
less chance of error than running iptables -L, visually grepping for
what you want, counting line numbers, and the subsequent iptables
-I/A/D commands.

The Black Knight is the python/netfilter implementation that provides a
command-line style interface to your firewall rules accessible via
netcat or telnet.  The upshot of this is that you first write a script which
defines a command (let's call it "block").  Then you run it, and
connect to dfd_tbk.
Once connected you type "block add 1.2.3.4" and now the IP 1.2.3.4 can
no longer communicate with your network.  Except the commands you can
define are open-ended; any rule transformation is possible.

I am looking for a project maintainer for this project, as I do not
have time to maintain two different implementations.  Right now
dfd_tbk is far behind dfd_keeper, which is under active development.

I'm looking for someone with some of the following, roughly in order
of importance:

1) Time to spend on a cutting-edge network security project.
2) A linux machine, preferably their firewall, on which they can run and test.
3) A good grasp of firewalls, network security, TCP/IP networking, netfilter.
4) Knowledge of python, or at least of some scripting language.
5) Object-oriented design, or programming language design.

None are hard requirements; a willingness to learn counts for any of them.

There is lots of work to be done.  I am cleaning up my implementation of
persistence, I am thinking about a web interface instead of command-line,
I'm writing a sniffer for it (so it can tell when you're starting up bittorrent
and forward the connections on to the internal machine which started
bittorrent), and so forth.  I'm hoping for cross-pollination between the DFDs,
but right now tbk needs to play a bit of catch-up, which is an excellent
learning opportunity for someone of moderate network security skills.

Current homepage of project:
http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/dfd/dfd_tbk/

Please CC me in any replies or discussion since I am not subbed to the
netfilter list.
--
"If I could remember the names of these particles, I would have been a botanist"
  -- Enrico Fermi -><- http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/