RE: DROP TCP output to HTTP attackers?

AOL is a bad example since far more legitimate ISPs use proxies and
businesses will typically NAT many clients to a single address. It would
be nice if ISPs had some kind of upstream filtering but the reality is
that most don't and their abuse@ address is an automated blackhole.

For me it boils down to risk and time: how do I mitigate the greatest
risks in the least amount of time. I've considered autoblocking before,
but the risks of dropping legitimate clients have always outweighed the
risk mitigation of dropping IPs sending bad packets.

Derick Anderson