Re: help on load balancing

You can't do load balance across 4 dsl link "per packet" ....
Only per session.

If your isp is doing reverse path filtering .

Try routes patch from : http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/

And it will be working fine :)

Rob Sterenborg wrote:

On Thu, December 15, 2005 14:21, wlagmay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Rob,

Im sorry, I forgot to inform you that the clients are not using this
3 lines to go directly to the internet, instead the on the same
machine I install Squid proxy server, hoping that with the load
balance technique, squid can take advantage of the connection
simultaneously, so my problem actualy is the squid
to use the 3 lines simutaneously.

I haven't used it myself so I'm a bit guessing here ; you may be able
to alter locally generated packets (from Squid) using the ROUTE target
combined with the nth match in the OUTPUT chain of the mangle table so
the packets are diverted over the 3 NIC's.

Something like :

iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -o eth0 -m nth --counter 7 \
 --every 3 --packet 0 -j ROUTE --oif eth0

iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -o eth0 -m nth --counter 7 \
 --every 3 --packet 1 -j ROUTE --oif eth1

iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -o eth0 -m nth --counter 7 \
 --every 3 --packet 2 -j ROUTE --oif eth2

(Where eth3 is your LAN NIC.)

Gr,
Rob