RE: [iptable] distributing network requests over multiple interfaces bysize

> Basically, I would like for all small requests (normal web browsing)
> to be directed to eth0:1 and for all requests for large files to be
> directed to eth0.
>
> Is there a way to balance these two connections in this way?  It seems
> like a spectacularly good idea to me, if I could just figure out how
> to make it work.  Do I want to be looking at iptables to do this?  Or
> can I do something in squid?

*If* it can be done, you'd need a content-filter and netfilter/iptables
isn't one.
For netfilter there's no way of knowing if a request is a normal
web-page request or a file request ; all requests go to port 80 and all
are GET requests.

Maybe with squid you can check the file-extensions in the GET request
and if it matches : use a different inferface.. But I'm not sure about
this.

Gr,
Rob