I'm facing a simple 2-way decision.

My choice is between ipt_CLASSIFY and ipt_MARK . I've modified both in a way, so they return NF_ACCEPT as a verdict, when a special knob is placed and am "identifying" my client connections and thus getting them into the right class.

However, i thought CLASSIFY would be way too faster than MARK, because i don't have e filter in tc thus. But that just ain't the case. Is ipt_CLASSIFY slower than ipt_MARK in terms of getting the packets into the right queue class?