Re: QoS with netfilter

Le dimanche 11 décembre 2005 à 01:56 +0100, Daniel Lopes a écrit :
> Perhaps I'm wrong but the handling will be done bei IP as soon as the
> bits are set. That's the way the internet routers should work. With tc
> you can do other schemes of handling. Correct me please if I'm wrong.

I haven't seen a public router reading TOS/DSCP values from foreign
packets. If so, what would be the point ? Everybody would ask for higher
bandwidth, higher priority, and we would end just the same we were
before.
AFAIK, there's not requirement for an IP stack to apply QoS policy to
TOS/DSCP marked packets, unless the admin has decided so. You have to
use tc for that (at least for TOS I'm sure).

--
http://sid.rstack.org/
PGP KeyID: 157E98EE FingerPrint: FA62226DA9E72FA8AECAA240008B480E157E98EE