Re: QoS with netfilter

Cedric Blancher schrieb:
Le samedi 10 décembre 2005 à 10:14 -0800, Erik a écrit :

dscp is not important. You have a suggestion how to set TOS?
I would ideally like to controll the whole byte. Either TOS or DSCP and ECN.
How can I change all these bits (i.e. the whole byte) with the
netfilter mangle table or other?

I think you're taking the problem the wrong way. Altering DSCP/TOS won't
change the way packets are treated, because by default, there's no QoS
policy. So you'll have to set a QoS policy yourself that fits your
needs.

To do this, you have to read LARTC as adivsed before. Then, your QoS
policy can be built upon TOS/DSCP value, but you can use stuff like u32
classifier or MARK.

Have you tried stuff like cbq-init or htb-init (see Google) ?

Perhaps I'm wrong but the handling will be done bei IP as soon as the bits are set. That's the way the internet routers should work. With tc you can do other schemes of handling. Correct me please if I'm wrong.