Re: Mail server behind a firewall

On Monday 2005-November-21 15:10, Fernando Martins wrote:
>  I have been looking for a solution for days and nights and I can't
> find any solution to my problem.
>  I have installed a Mail server behind a firewall , firewall I have
> configured very badly with iptables.

If you do not understand iptables, I recommend that you get a script
such as Arno's, MonMotha's, or Shorewall. (These in no particular order
of preference, although I suspect if I took the time to read the docs I
would choose Shorewall.)

>  I want an exterior smtp server to be able to speak with mine
>  but it is failing.

What did you try? How did it fail? What are your iptables rules?  How
did you expect to get help without covering the basics?

>  My configuration is:

... not clear from that. I guess you have a firewall on a public IP and
you want to DNAT that to an internal mail server. But that is a guess.

>  nervous break down is close

And at this rate it's getting closer! :) Unless you take my advice to
try Shorewall or similar, perhaps ...
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header