Re: [OT] URL rewriting

David Leangen wrote:

Ok, this topic is now officially OT...

Better to use a HTTP proxy.

What do you recommend?
Well, Squid obviously, but then I am perhaps somewhat biased..

Why do you recommend Squid? I am very interested.
Obvious ;-)
http://www.squid-cache.org/volunteers.html.

I briefly checked out both, and this is what I concluded:

- Squid seems more complicated to set up. Even after
  reading the docs, I still have no idea how to configure this.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-15.html

- I asked how to do this on the mailing list, but I guess my
  question was too basic and nobody was interested in
  replying
patience,

- Squid can do LOTS of stuff, but all I want is a reverse proxy
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-20.html

- I already have an Apache installation and I know how to use
  reverse proxying

Despite this, I'm always interested in the "best" solution... I would indeed
be very curious to know why you think Squid is the best choice.

My personal opinion is that.
I have using squid for three years ago in many environments
chain proxy, reverse proxy, ssl proxy, filtering proxy...
and i`m agree too with Henrik.

Thanks
Emilio C.