RE: [OT] URL rewriting

Ok, this topic is now officially OT...

> Better to use a HTTP proxy.
>
> > What do you recommend?
>
> Well, Squid obviously, but then I am perhaps somewhat biased..

Why do you recommend Squid? I am very interested.

I briefly checked out both, and this is what I concluded:

 - Squid seems more complicated to set up. Even after
   reading the docs, I still have no idea how to configure this

 - I asked how to do this on the mailing list, but I guess my
   question was too basic and nobody was interested in
   replying

 - Squid can do LOTS of stuff, but all I want is a reverse proxy

 - I already have an Apache installation and I know how to use
   reverse proxying

Despite this, I'm always interested in the "best" solution... I would indeed
be very curious to know why you think Squid is the best choice.

Thank you for sharing!!