Re: [OT?] URL rewriting

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, David Leangen wrote:

Can iptables do URL rewriting?

You may be able to write a NAT helper doing this to a limited extent, but out of the box no.

Better to use a HTTP proxy.

What do you recommend?

Well, Squid obviously, but then I am perhaps somewhat biased..

Generally, I want to have one URL space as a public interface to my network.
Services will be provided internally from various ports at different IP
addresses, but all accessible publicly through the same URL space. IIUC,
this is "reverse proxying".

It is.

Regards
Henrik