Re: NAT/POSTROUTING rules doesn't match packets

> Just to make sure, i have compiled kernel 2.4.31 and also switched back to
>
> 1.2.11 iptables. But nothing changed. Still the packets don't get SNAT-ed
> and
> there has been no hit on SNAT rule for about an hour (packets are sent ever
> y ten seconds or so). This only applies to UDP packets.
>
> Now i have noticed the same problem on another of my machines. Since its not
> only me having problems, maybe its some well-hidden bug in the netfilter?

If so, it has been there for quite a while. I am using kernel 2.4.27 (with
grsecurity patches)... It seems there is only a problem with UDP here, too...
Are your machines under heavy load ? We have a constant rate of at least 5 mbit
running over this machines...they are not very busy, though.

> As a side note: both routers that are having this problem are diskless
> machines with root-over-nfs (mostly R/O) could this be any issue?

i don't even have nfs compiled in ;-)

> Marek

--arne

Versendet über Webmail der HAW Hamburg