Re: Iptables and vlan interfaces

i understand vlans. but how is a vlan network interface different from a normal eth interface as far as higher layer protocols are concerned? or for that matter of fact how is this different from even l2 perspective. only difference is the broadcast domain. right ?

also, if somebody can give me an example of ifconfig output for vlan interface, that will be helpful.

thanks.