Fwd: Re: Performance issues

> I see two 3c905Cs and two 3C905s.  Two different chipsets.
>  I don't like that much, but it's a personal preference.

Well, it was more a matter of getting my hands on things
hidden deep down in an old drawer. ;-)

> Regardless of your success in the past with 3com NICs, I
> would suggest using something... ANYTHING... else.
> 3C90x's have been the bane of my existence ever since they
> came out in the late 90s.  If there is an S3 video chipset
> on that motherboard, it's a lost cause.

Point taken, I didn't realise that, although I did read some
negative comments on the newer models.
That's okay, I work in a networking company anyway, so I'll
just have to sneek off to the store room with a brown bag.

I'll see how I get on with different/better hardware. Any
recommendations?

Thanks,
Ferry van Aesch