RE: big table tweaks ?

It would help knowing what you are trying to accomplish with those
80,000 rules. When I build a firewall, I know what each rule is for. I
would have a hard time keeping track of 800 rules, let alone 80,000.

You said this is referenced in INPUT, are you running services on this
host? Is it multi-homed? Are you blocking all the /24 networks of
everybody you don't like? Is -A INPUT -m state --state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT the first INPUT rule? Is this a Red Hat
box? (sorry, had to ask)

Derick Anderson