performance question

hi

i'm just wondering, if my experienced performance in my network is usual.

setup:

debian linux
kernel 2.6.8.1 (patched with pom espacially l7-filter and ipp2p)
linux-brigde

everthing is working so far (that's the good part).

but i measure different downloadrates:
on my machine (behind the bridge) ~70Kbyte/s
on the bridge ~200Kbyte/s

the linux-bridge has to forward ~500 clients and has to shape transparently the traffic.

is this difference in downloadrates normal?

my assumption so far:
i have 4 interfaces on the linux bridge.
eth1 and eth2 doing the bridge, so they are heavly used.
eth0 is rarely used, so this may be an explanation.

even if i stop iptables, there is no increase.

i would just appriciate, if someone can confirm this as ususal behavior.

greets
moritz