nfsim

Dear All,

I was looking for the netfilter testsuite as stated
in the howtos/faq, but found out it's deprecated in
favor of nfsim.  Ok, I d/led it and after a bit of
fudging a symlink (btw, it doesn't like link-dtd
being symlink'ed to a xml-dtd-4.1.  It prefers
xml-dtd-4.1.2. (this is on a Slackware system,
mind you. YMMV)).

Anyway, I was wondering if there is a similar
app out there similar to nfsim, but processes
any gen_ip'd packets with the actual rule set
that is being used in a NAT firewall?

Right now, using nfsim, I can generate a packet
and see what happens to it, but what I would
like to do is have nfsim read in an actual
firewall script, and then when I run a gen_ip,
the packets follow the script rules instead
of the default one.

Or did I misunderstand the Netfilter Simulation
documentation?

Any help appreciated

Ed