Re: Defeating NMAP Null scans (and Nessus scans).

hi

i'm using an alternate method to be a bit immune to these scans, i've found it about a year ago googling ;)
it isn't matches on syn/other flags, it requires that the packet must hava the 2 tcp option ;)
and it's working fine, all operating systems are sending they mtu in the syn packet only

$ipt -p tcp --tcp-option ! 2                    -j DROP #REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset

kirk