Re: redirect unauthenticated traffic to a registration portal

just like transparent proxy
assume http://AUTH_PORTAL_IP is where user can type password and become authed.
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING CONDITIONS_TO_MATCH_AUTHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to AUTH_PORTAL_IP
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -j DROP

--
freewizard (at) gmail.com
http://blog.tsing.org/freewizard/   (in Chinese)