Re: ICMP frag needed not forwarded to MSQ clients

On 5/26/05, Jozsef Kadlecsik <kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 May 2005, Leonardo wrote:
>
> > That's exactly the problem! The clients should receive an ICMP frag
> > needed packet in order to reduce the packet size, however my
> > proxy/router does not forward the ICMP msg to them! WHY?!?!?!
> > The are no iptables rules that block ICMP!
>
> As you have no DROP rule, netfilter does not drop the packets so it's not
> a netfilter/iptables related problem.

May be it's like you say... but really i do not have idea where else
to look for...

> Probably you have got rp_filtering enabled and the routing engine discards
> the ICMP packets.

Yes, I have it enabled. Disabling it does not solve the problem... :-(

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth2/rp_filter
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/rp_filter

ICMP packets type 3 are NOT routed anyway...

> Best regards,

> Jozsef
> -

Thank you.