To: <netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 4:14 PM
Subject: Re: Host blocking

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 01:30:58PM +0300, Wennie V. Lagmay wrote:
Our ISP's Proxy server is proxy.ISP.net , our company's own proxy server is
proxy.ourcompany.net. Our own proxy server has delay_pool but our ISP proxy
server dont have. I want to control our client to use only our company
proxy server. how can I block the proxy.ISP.net using IP tables so that
every body can be force to use our compnay proxy server. (note that our
company proxy server is connected to our ISP proxy server as cache_peer
parent)

assuming your company proxy server is on a different machine than the firewall:

iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp --syn -s proxy.ourcompany.net \ -d proxy.ISP.net --dport $PROXY_PORT -j ACCEPT

 # assuming your internal machines are allowed unfettered access
 # to the internet

 iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp --syn -d proxy.ISP.net -j DROP

-j

--
"Guy on Street #2: It's 3:00. Where the hell is Louie?
Guy on Street #1: Well, you tell me. Louie left his house at 2:15 and