Re: Host blocking

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 01:30:58PM +0300, Wennie V. Lagmay wrote:
> Our ISP's Proxy server is proxy.ISP.net , our company's own proxy server is
> proxy.ourcompany.net. Our own proxy server has delay_pool but our ISP proxy
> server dont have. I want to control our client to use only our company
> proxy server. how can I block the proxy.ISP.net using IP tables so that
> every body can be force to use our compnay proxy server. (note that our
> company proxy server is connected to our ISP proxy server as cache_peer
> parent)

assuming your company proxy server is on a different machine than the
firewall:

  iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp --syn -s proxy.ourcompany.net \
    -d proxy.ISP.net --dport $PROXY_PORT -j ACCEPT

  # assuming your internal machines are allowed unfettered access
  # to the internet

  iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp --syn -d proxy.ISP.net -j DROP

-j

--
"Guy on Street #2: It's 3:00. Where the hell is Louie?
 Guy on Street #1: Well, you tell me. Louie left his house at 2:15 and