Re: Mangling IP Options fields

On 5/16/05, Quinton Hoole <quinton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

big issue).  Some further reading of the netfilter FAQ has revealed that
patch-o-matic based extensions seem to be the way that others have
achieved things similar to my aims.

http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//netfilter-extensions-HOWTO-4.html

Can anyone confirm that I'm heading in the right direction?

Incidently, I'd ideally like to avoid patching the kernel (for fairly obvious reasons). Is anyone aware of a way to instruct something in kernel space (in the standard kernel) to stamp values into the IP options fields. I understand that this does not appear to be possible with the standard netfilter implementation, but perhaps there is another kernel module which will do the trick? Any pointers appreciated.

Quinton