Re: Mangling IP Options fields

Frank Abel wrote:

Hi all!
You don't want "to alter the netfilter/iptables code", libipq can resolve
your problem if you dont't want high speed or if you only need you mangle
some packet. besides you can uses libipq to prototype the final
implementation. Look up in this list messages which have in subject the word
libipq. Other source of information is man libipq. In the web there is many
examples of programs that alter the IP header.

Salute
Frank Abel

Thanks Frank

I looked into the libipq user space queueing option, but unfortunately switching to user space is not feasble in my case (every single packet on a GBit ethernet needs to be stamped, and resource utilisation is a big issue). Some further reading of the netfilter FAQ has revealed that patch-o-matic based extensions seem to be the way that others have achieved things similar to my aims.

http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//netfilter-extensions-HOWTO-4.html

Can anyone confirm that I'm heading in the right direction?

Thanks in advance...

Quinton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Quinton Hoole" <quinton@xxxxxxxxx>