Re: Iptables, php , realtime bandwidth usage

El vie, 06-05-2005 a las 16:30 +0200, Robert Becskei escribiÃ:
>  at the router I would like to see that at that moment how much bandwithd is
> being used.
>  for example I would like to see something like this (example) :
>
>  computer1  download 10kbyte/s  upload 1.5kbyte/s
>  computer2 download 0kbyte/s upload 0kbyte/s
>  computer3 download 20kbyte/s upload 2kbyte/s
>
>  my problem is (I currently use cacti, and bigsister), that I cannot see how
> is my bandwidthd currenly used on a per host basis.
>  I can see graphs about that my current download and upload is this and that
> (overall), but I would like to see something as shown
>  above in the example, I wonder if there is some tool for that ?

You could use some SNMP agents on the computers to allow you to
monitor the outer interfaces from a script and use it in Cacti.
The linux SNMP agent gives you that data, and the Windows XP also
gives you the data.

You can use rrdtool to know the aggregated traffic or the instant
traffic at the time points you want.

> Sincerely
> Robert Becskei

Regards.