Re: Iptables, php , realtime bandwidth usage

Hi Robert,

Some options for you...

1. Install snmp service on all the machines. This can be done for
windows/linux machines and you can then plot the bandwidth with
something like cacti. Rather than just plotting your firewall which
won't give you the host break down you want.

2. iptraf is a console app that will allow you to get a pretty good
break down of what is currently happening.

3. Using iptables and ULOG is prob not a good idea unless you have a
very restrictive set of packets you actually want to look at. You
could though use ULOG with a web based app (search freshmeant for ulog
and you will find a couple).

4. Use something like squid and squid-graph...Prob not real time
enough for you but can give you an excellent breakdown of what
everyone on the network has been up to, what sites they have gone to
and how much bandwidth they have been using.

Regards,

Abdul-Wahid