Re: dhcp server is working but there are no rules allowing it using a drop policy

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 06:40, richard hauswald wrote:
> Hi all,
> my problem is a verry strange one, so i think i did a configuration
> failure. But i can't find him.
> i made a listung of my iptables rules using the -L parameter and finaly
> a tcpdump wich should show you, that dhcp is working - well i couldnt
> post hte windowsxp bubble wich says that i got a wunderfull wlan
> connection...

<--snip-->

most DHCP implementations these days operate (read:  generate and
receive packets) at the BPF layer, which is below where netfilter hooks
into the IP stack; therefore your iptables rules never see the packets.

-j

--
"I bet Einstein turned himself all sorts of colors before he invented
 the light bulb."