random patch with 2.6 kernel?

i posted previously asking where i can get the random patch, i found the random patch, compiled what needed to be compiled and no random.  When I tried to add just the random patch it informed me that it was already applied but the libipt_random.so was not found.  Does this match not function with the 2.6 kernel?  I have seen a couple places that said it wasn't available with the 2.6 kernel.  If this is true I'll just convert back to the good ol' 2.4 and reconfigure my router(I have spare time), but i wanted to make sure it was true with the people that would really know.  Also if this is true, is there a workaround or a new feature with the 2.6 kernel that can be used to split packets evenly between 2 seperate ISP connections in a loadbalancing manor and still be able to be masqueraded into my internal network.  I should have included this with my first post, but being new to the lists i'll just have to learn :)

system
Fedora core 3, version 2.6.10 kernel
iptables version 1.2.11