Re: cron script error -- "Resource temporarily unavailable" [was: (no subject)]

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 23:37, Michael Thompson wrote:
> Every once in a while while I am running a script from cron, it outputs
> this:
>
> iptables: Resource temporarily unavailable
>
> what is that about? Could it be that two processes are trying to access
> IPTables?

without any details about what the script is trying to do, i doubt
anyone is going to provide a useful response to you.

for example, if the script is trying to load a custom chain with 10,000
rules in it--this post from the archives may be similar to the problem
you are experiencing:

  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=netfilter&m=110064111107583&w=2

-j

--
"Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. 14%
 of people know that."