Re: random patch with 2.6 kernel?

On Thu, February 10, 2005 1:03 am, Brandon Hall said:
> i posted previously asking where i can get the random patch, i found the
> random patch, compiled what needed to be compiled and no random.

Where did you find it ? I hope you didn't get it there :
https://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter-devel/2004-November/017491.html

> When I
> tried to add just the random patch it informed me that it was already
> applied but the libipt_random.so was not found.  Does this match not
> function with the 2.6 kernel?

It hasn't been ported yet. The link I gave is an _attempt_ to do,
but obivously the guy was confused about porting it to 2.6 _or_ ipv6.

It looks a mix of both.

--

SiegeX:

Did you try it before submitting ? Giving it a quick view, it seems
you play with ipv4 header, but register your match against ip6t_tables
(which is the ip6tables friend) instead of ipt_tables.

Would you mind giving it another try ?

Thanks,
Samuel