Fw: Upgrading kernel 2.4.26 cuts out DNAT --to rules.....!!??

----- Original Message -----
From: Emilio Lombardo
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; rodrigo.garcia@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 1:47 PM
Subject: Upgrading kernel 2.4.26 cuts out DNAT --to rules.....!!??

hi at all the List !
This is my first entry and i'm quite a newbie at all in netfilter iptables.... i'm working as a net administrator from Brazil so apologize by now for any english error i may do... ;-)
I have a Debian Linux distribution, the kernel 2.6.4 and we had the task of making varios simultaneos vpn gre connections
because before we had a problem and couldn't make more than one pptp connection at a time
passing by the firewall (iptables 1.2.7 version)
So what we did was upgrading to iptables 1.2.11 on kernel 2.4.26  and recompiling it whithin patch-o-matic and it worked out !
Now we got simultaneous and various vpn on gre protocol perfectly working passing by the firewall whitout any problem (and of course it was really the firewall because we tested the vpn's bypassing it and they worked.all toghether...)
Well...now when everithing looked working but than debugging the internal rules we saw that any attempt to add a "DNAT --to" always got an answer of
Invalid Argument ..........the same rules that before was working ....!!!!!And here came the problem.....
How is it possible for us making both instances (The VPN's and the DNAT --to rules) work togheter...is there any linux guru...:-) who can lend a hand and help us to find a way out in this maze ?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Regards
Emilio
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.