connect overlapping private networks using dialup ppp

Hi,

maybe a comman question, but I was unable (or simply too stupid) to find an answer in the mailing lists:

I need to connect my private network ( 10.1.0.0/24 ) to several other private networks not under my control ( my customers sites ). For simplicity asume all these customer networks use 192.168.0.0/24.

I imagine to address the network of the n'th customer as

10.1.n.x

that is I would like to address

host 192.168.0.x of my first  customer site as 10.1.1.x
host 192.168.0.x of my second customer site as 10.1.2.x

I imagine to set up, for each customer site, a ppp dialup interface, with address 10.1.x.254.

So when I open a connection to 10.1.3.1, the third ppp interface should be selected, and a dialup connection established.

To make this work, some sort of SNAT and DNAT would be need, after the routing decision has been made, before the packet is send over the ppp link:

I would like to have:

the source address to be replaced by my official IP address ( so my customer can setup the return route w/o any conflicts )

the destination address to be replaced by the corresponding address in my customers private network:  In the above example I send to 10.1.3.1, and this gets replaced by 192.168.0.1,
as 10.1.3.15 would be replaced by 192.168.0.15.

This would give me a one to one correspondence for each of my customers nodes ( assuming all use a class C subnet ).

Did I make it clear what I would like to accomplish? ( Or do you think that's all rubbish ? )

Could that be done with iptables?
Or are there better ways do accomplish this?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Christoph Leser
S&P Computersysteme GmbH
Systemhaus für Logistik