Re: Two NICS with same IP and same client IP

Hervé wrote:
having 2 interfaces on the same box with the same IP address

repeat after me :

WILL NOT WORK

Well, I can't see why not. Can you explain?

uh, because that's how routing in the server PC works. you have to have a different address for each interface.
your best bet is to either use the same interface (and change one of the client's IP to something else (like 192.168.100.3) like so :

server             |         __________         client 1
eth0:192.168.100.1 |--------| ethernet |------| 192.168.0.2
                   |        |  switch  |
                                                client 2

or... change one of the subnets to use a different prefix, like so :

Server             |         | Client 1
eth0:192.168.100.1 |---------| 192.168.100.2
eth1:192.168.101.1 |------------------------------| 192.168.101.2