Re: Two NICS with same IP and same client IP

Hervé wrote:
Hello,

I have a weird setup I would like to make work: I have two identical
subnets connected to one machine via two different NICs, like this:

Server             |         | Client 1
eth0:192.168.100.1 |---------| 192.168.100.2
                   |                              | Client 2
eth1:192.168.100.1 |------------------------------| 192.168.100.2

having 2 interfaces on the same box with the same IP address

repeat after me :

WILL NOT WORK

These two machines only access an NFS share on the server, but I assume this is irrelevant: the problem is to route the packets back through the interface the request came from (I am not trying to access the boxes _from_ the server).

My first idea was to modify the source address as the request come in, and
then route and put the original address back in the outgoing packet, but I
haven't found a way to do that.

Anybody got any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Hervé.