Re: Project announcement :: Firewall Admin

Hi Vinicius,

On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 04:36:55PM -0200, Vin?cius M. de Souza wrote:
> Hi members, I come here to divulge the launching of the first beta
> version of a project who I have developed in this last month, his name
> is Firewall Admin.
>
> It's a tool developed in PHP to iptables netfilter rules management.  It
> is a project that is taking a significant time of me and now I will
> present it to you.

I just found time to take a first look at it. My first impression is WOW!
This is very valuable as we were considering to develop something
similar in the future for people who do not manage iptables scripts
regularly. Now we can try to contribute. The things I like most are:
- configurable via browser. As we do not run an apache server on
  servers which are protected by iptables scripts we will be uploading
  the rules from a config server.
- php
- it's for managing iptables rules. Other GUI's try to manage it all:
  networking, ...
- Last but not least you do not loose ground with the netfilter/iptable
  way of thinking. Other GUI's hide everything for you. I like to know
  what I'm doing.

That's for now. I'll be digging deeper into it as soon as I find more
time.

Thanks. Keep up the good work !!!

--
Kind regards,