Re: Connlimit problem

On Wed, January 26, 2005 10:04 am, Omar Garcia said:

> No effect, the same responsed.
>
> # iptables -t filter -A FORWARD -m connlimit --connlimit-above 100 -j DROP
> iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
>
> # iptables -t filter -A OUTPUT -m connlimit --connlimit-above 100 -j DROP
> iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

To add on my previous post, if you in-kernel compiled the connlimit
code, then only :

cat /proc/net/ip_tables_matches

can tell you wheter it is properly loaded or not.

Samuel:

A match type module is valid for any tables. Only the
hook matters as some module can't filter some situation.

Exemple: mac match can't filter into OUTPUT or POSTROUTING chains.

What maybe made you confused is that a target type module cares
about the table.

>> --
>>     Samuel Díaz García
>>      Director Gerente