Re: Connlimit problem

On Wed, January 26, 2005 9:26 am, Omar Garcia said:
> Hi list,

Hi Omar!

> [...]
> If i tried in two steps, i confirm that the module connlimit is installed:
>
> BridgeWall:/home/omar# iptables -A PREROUTING -t mangle -m connlimit
>     iptables v1.2.11: You must specify `--connlimit-above'
>     Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.

This doesn't confirm that it is. This only tests the iptables 'module'
which I will call, an extension library.

>  BridgeWall:/home/omar# iptables -A PREROUTING -t mangle -m connlimit
> --connlimit-above 12 -j DROP
>      iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

This means the kernel module (called ipt_connlimit) is not loadable or
compiled at all.

> Any idea????

Yes, patch your kernel or enable this module.

If unsure:

lsmod | grep ipt_connlimit

No result? Then 'modprobe ipt_connlimit'

It works ? Then make sure it properly registered against netfilter:

cat /proc/net/ip_tables_matches | grep connlimit

> Thanks in advange.
>
> Regards

HTH,

Samuel