Re: (no subject)

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 11:55:05PM +0100, Sergi wrote:
> Sorry, for last mail.
>
> I have a homeserver with 2 ethernet interfaces working as a bridge, but now I
> update it with three wireless pci, but I want to make this policity:
>
> preserve the bridge (eth0 + eth1 = bridge0), and then the eth0 from bridge
> interface can acces to wireless with a nat.
>
> Can be possible?

yes--it sounds like you're looking for the BROUTING functionality of
ebtables.  from http://ebtables.sourceforge.net/ebtables-faq.html :

  The ebtables BROUTING chain gets traversed very early, namely right
  after a frame is received on a forwarding bridge port. If a rule's
  decision is to broute the frame, the input device will remain the
  physical device of the bridge port and the bridge code won't touch
  the frame. The frame will be processed by the network stack. If the
  decision is to bridge the frame (the default behavior), then the input
  device will become the bridge device on which the port is enslaved
  and the bridge code will decide what to do with the frame.

-j

--
"Mmmm...free goo."
        --The Simpsons