Re: Packets that should have been DNATted appearing in INPUT table

it's also quite possible these connetions his counter catches are not
related to the NAT c0onnections at all, but, are the result of other
systems scanning his or trying to find a way through his FW rulebase. My
cash is on these counters incrementing due to kiddies and others merely
scanning the ethers with new toys and trinkets they have found at various
links and sec websites on the net.  But,this can be confirmed with
comparing these INPUT hits with his FORWARDED NAT hits in the logs, yes?

thanks,

Ron DuFresne

--
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com

...Love is the ultimate outlaw.  It just won't adhere to rules.
The most any of us can do is sign on as it's accomplice.  Instead
of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet.
That would mean that security is out of the question.  The words
"make" and "stay" become inappropriate.  My love for you has no
strings attached.  I love you for free...
                        -Tom Robins <Still Life With Woodpecker>