Re: Packets that should have been DNATted appearing in INPUT table

On Tuesday, January 11, 2005 7:16 PM,
R. DuFresne wrote:

[...]
at various links and sec websites on the net.  But,this can be
confirmed with comparing these INPUT hits with his FORWARDED NAT hits
in the logs, yes?

Great idea, but I think we can exclude malicious attempts: The source IPs of the "critical packets" all (without exception) have far more packets that were correctly forwarded (several 10 or 100) than dropped (just 1 or 2 in the same time).

Thank you very much,

Marius